Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 2 Hours
- 600 gm boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 2.5cm dice
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/2 TSP Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves- Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 TSP Dried Chilli Flakes
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 250ml Dry White or Red Wine
- 400gm Whole Plum Tomatoes-Roughly Chopped (fresh or can)
- 1 TSP of Tomato Paste
- 1 Red Capsicum Thinly Sliced
- 1 Yellow Capsicum Thinly Sliced
- 1 TBSP Flat Leaf Parsley Finely Chopped
- Enough Fresh or Packet Pappardelle Noodles/Pasta for 4 People
- 1/3 Cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese if desired
- 1 Large Brown Onion Diced
- Combine Lamb with Salt & Pepper in a non-reactive bowl. Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate for at least 2 Hours
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add Garlic, Chilli & Bay Leaves. Cook whilst stirring for 1 Minute. Turn Heat to High. Add Lamb. Cook for 3-4 Minutes each side or until brown. Stir Occasionally
- Add Wine, Cook until almost Evaporated or 10-12 Minutes.
- Add chopped Tomatoes & Juices, Tomato Paste, Capsicums & Onion .
- Cover with a lid. Cook for 2 hours. Stir Occasionally. Add Water if liquid dries out.
- Halfway through cooking, taste, Add additional salt if needed.
- After 2 hours remove saucepan from heat. Let ingredients cool slightly.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the lamb chunks from the saucepan onto a clean chopping board. Use two forks to shred the tender meat then place it back into the saucepan.
- Add chopped parsley and stir well. set aside while you cook the pasta.
- Bring Salted Water to the boil in a large saucepan. Cpappardelle until aldente.
- Toss pasta with Lamb Ragout and Serve Immediately with Parmesan If Desired.
For Extra Flavour: Add Vegetable Powder, Rosemary & Oregano!!