Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 500g Lamb Mince
- 2 Spring Onions, Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- Grated Rind & Juice of 1 Small Lemon
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh White Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Fennel Seeds
- Pita Bread, Lettuce, Chopped Cucumber and Roasted Capsicum, Fetta and Tzatziki To Serve.
- 1. Combine Mince, Onions, Dill, Garlic, Lemon Rind and Juice, Bread Crumbs and Egg.
- Mix Lightly, Shape into 12 Small Burgers.
- Lightly Brush The Burgers with a Little Oil and Sprinkle with the Fennel Seeds.
- Preheat BBQ or Frying Pan To HIGH, Add The Burgers, Lower The Heat To Moderate. Cook For 4-5 Minutes Each Side or Until Cooked. Turn Them Once Only.
- Serve The Burgers with Pita, Lettuce, Cucumber, Capsicum, Fetta & Tzatziki.
- Use wet hands to shape the burgers: this stops the lamb sticking to your hands, helping you to shape them easily.
- Oil the burgers rather than oiling the pan.
This ensures the burgers don’t stick to the pan and allows them to sear well.