- 1kg of lean beef mince
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely shredded
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 2 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
- 250g dried thick spaghetti (or dried pasta of choice)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 575g jar chunky garden vegetable pasta sauce (Dolmio brand)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- Shredded parmesan
- Place the mince, carrot, onion and parsley in a large bowl. Use hands to combine the ingredients. Roll tablespoonsful of the mixture into balls and place on a large plate.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water, follow the instructions on the pasta packet to ensure you don’t overcook. Drain when ready.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 5-7 minutes. Turn occasionally.
- Add the pasta sauce and water to the meatballs. Boil over high head. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered, stir occasionally. For 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Place spaghetti in serving bowls and top with meatballs
- Sprinkle parmesan as wanted