- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (heaping)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 small lamb shanks
- 1 head garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 medium onions, coarsely copped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (heaping)
- Combine the red wine, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper in a small dish. Place the lamb shanks in the crock pot.
- Scatter the remaining ingredients around and on top of the shanks. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours in a slow cooker/crock pot. Use tongs to reverse the position of the shanks, top to bottom and cook for an additional 3 Hours.
- Using a slotted spoon to transfer the shanks to a serving platter. Skim the fat from the cooking juices, taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Pour the juices over the shanks, and serve. Serve With Rice, Cous Cous, Vegetables or Whatever Else You Want!